+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod case recomendations???

Default Rod case recomendations???

Hi all,

I just bought a 6' 2pc rod off the "For Sale" board. It's a great little rod, but I need a hard case and a sock for it.

I can't find anyone that sells a case for a rod that size. I thiught I could use a 9' 3pc case, but they are about an inch to short.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ken

[url=http://www.reccomponents.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html:b8ead]http://www.reccomponents.com/html/rodcasealuminum.html[/url:b8ead]

sweet tubes.

they've also got socks available.

I think DB Dun makes one that will work. I know Abel makes a case for multiple rods that will take 10' 3pc rods too.

Your best bet might be to post something in the "items wanted" section and hope somebody owns one of those Abel cases and has the factory tube from a 10" 3 pc rod around.

You may want to give Bob a call at Hook and Hackle, I get all my rod cases for the rods I build from him. I get the ones with the partitions sewed in (no rod sock), and really like them.

I do not like those tubes w/ built-in dividers at all. not even one little bit.

If I need a special size rod case I get one custom made from the company that builds the cases for most of the major rod companies. Very reasonable cost and great service. They will build to the exact size and specs you need:
    [url=http://www.stonelegacy.com/flyfishing.html:8f4c3]http://www.stonelegacy.com/flyfishing.html[/url:8f4c3]

------------------
    Joe

I agree with MikeyTwoShoes.
    REC components offer rod cases for all configurations. You can decide on the color powdercoat & select the hardware. I ordered a nice tube for a 8' 3pc 2 tip bamboo I built last fall. Very satisfied.

"If I need a special size rod case I get one custom made from the company that builds the cases for most of the major rod companies."

If I need a special rod case I make one myself out of pvc or abs.

I agree with Duck...not the best looking, but will do the job.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I was replying to the original post that stated:

"I can't find anyone that sells a case for a rod that size."

I have made cases out of pvc and abs but, if you tried to make a custom sized case that looked half as nice as the ones from Stone Legacy you would would probably spend more money, not to mention a lot of time. A custom case from them for that rod with a fabric covered and lined case with and a zippered top and a handle is about $25.00. Think you can do it as nice and for less?

------------------
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread