+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie

Default Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie

Just wanted to share with you something my daughter made me for Thanksgiving. Not only did she hand cut the center trout shape, but notice that the edge crust is made up of small hand cut individual trout as well.

Hated to cut into it, but hey, pumpkin is my favorite!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Ralph,

That sure does look good but if I eat much more pie, I'm going to have to purchase a larger pair of waders. 8T

What a delight! She sure thinks a lot of you

how old is you daughter?

She has skills. They all look like trout. And about the same size I've been catching lately. Later.

My daughter is 29 and also fly fishs. A week before her wedding she was beginning to feel the pressure of all the preparation. I told her I knew of the perfect way for her to take her mind off the wedding plans. I hired a female guide to instruct her for the day and she had a wonderful time.

That year, she surprised me for Christmas by taking fly tying lessons (without telling me) and gave me 3 dozen flies she made and a hand made card with her first wooley bugger on the outside and a sweet poem she wrote inside.

She definitely is a special person in my life!

Ralph,
    That's just bloomin' beautiful!
    You must be a great guy to have such a special daughter.
    That's moving!!

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Blog Entries

Mmmmm does that ever look good! How nice for someone to take so much trouble and bake that much love into one pie. Ralph you are truly blessed with such a Daughter.

Hint C&R for the little ones but keep that whopper in the center.

My Gramma made Two types of pumpkin pie. One type with pumpkin from a can and One type was made from Home grown squash. Both pies were the exact same recipe. The store bought pumpkin looked like pumpkin pie is supposed to look. The homemade squash pie looked grey and unappetizing, We kids always chose the nice Pumpkin colored one. As each of us got older and actually tried the greyish unappetizing looking pie one by one we all switched to the grey one. The difference in flavor was incredible. I remember asking Gramma why she made the two types when the Squash pie was so superior. Little children need to be taught valuable life lessons was the answer. It took me a year or two to figure that one out but Hey I got there eventually.
    Thanks Gramma. Love You, Miss You.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Ralph,
    The pumpkin pie your Daughter made you, looks too good to eat! I remember when I was a kid and my Grandma preserved a small cake, for some reason it just sat there on the shelf, forever!
    You are blessed to have such a thoughtful Daughter!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

My birthday is in April. I always get a pumpkin pie on my birthday. Your fish pie looks delicious! Lucky man!

+ Reply to Thread