+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mason Tract update

Default Mason Tract update

Hi,

Of all the streams in all the wonderful places in all the world I've ever fished, my favorite is the South Branch of the Au Sable, Michigan's Mason Tract.

If any of you have a soft place in your heart for this gentle stream, you might be interested in the update posted by the Gates Lodge:
    [url=http://www.gateslodge.com/fishing.htm:7abd0]http://www.gateslodge.com/fishing.htm[/url:7abd0]

Kat

Hard to shake it, once you've loved it

A couple of years ago, David and I were fishing a great western mountain stream. We loved it, but we'd been out all summer and I could tell I was getting road-weary (okay, homesick). The cutts were right there in whichever pool they should be in, and one cast tempted them every time. Should've been heaven, and it probably was, but when a brook trout took my caddis, I said, "Oh, what on earth are you doing out here?", and then thought, "what on earth am I doing here?" and drove to the South Branch the next day.

Kat

Kathy,
    This is also my favorite place to fish. Also whenever life?s challenges seem to overburden me I go there in my mind and it always makes me feel better. I cant tell you how many memories I have of sitting on my tailgate watering my Brittany or sitting on the bank so happy with my setting that it took effort just to get up and start fishing. This is truly one of the Jewels of Michigan. I can only imagine what it will be like fishing in an empty stream due to our aquifers being drained be bottled water companies, Listening to the hum of the generators running the gas wells. All I can do is pray this is not where we are going.
    -Jeff

P.S. What has this drilling issue got to do with tippet material? I can?t help but think that your remark has stole the true magnitude of what Kathy was trying to bring to our attention.

+ Reply to Thread