+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for a landing net

Default Suggestion for a landing net

Hey folks,

I need a new landing net having stumbled on a rock this past summer and fractured my net in the fall. My sister asked me for some gift ideas for Christmas and a landing net would be nice to get. Can you recommend one?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

In my opinion, all you need to look at is the new Fisknat nets. Get one with the new, lightweight, rubber bag.

They are great to look at and even better when there is a fish in bottom of it.

How 'bout getting a kit and putting one together for yourself.
    I made my dad one years ago..I have it now, it means more to me than a storebought.

I don't know if any of the sponsers sell them so I won't add a link, but they're around.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

My net is about 15 yrs old it only now needs a new coat of varnish the original bag is still good but I may change it to a newer more fish friendly bag. Just one easy word Brodin.

Tom

William Joseph's carbon fiber "Wave" net is the lightest weight net I know of.

I have one and like the light weight.

http://www.williamjoseph.net/tools.php

I use a Broden Gallaten (SP) and I really like it. It has a shallow net so the fish doesn't get wrapped up and twisted.

I agree great nets

Quote Originally Posted by CO Flyguy
    In my opinion, all you need to look at is the new Fisknat nets. Get one with the new, lightweight, rubber bag.

They are great to look at and even better when there is a fish in bottom of it.

Gander Mt has some great nets for under $30

Brodin
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray
    Brodin
    Brodin has a really nice rubber bag net they call the "ghost" The bag disappears in the water, so it makes for nice photographs of a netted fish. It's supposed to be less "spooky" for the fish as well, but I'm guessing that if they're getting reeled in with a hook in their mouth, they're probably already spooked.

+ Reply to Thread