+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pink Elkhorn

Default The Pink Elkhorn

?(This would make a really special Christmas present for the lady flyfisher in your life.)?

This aside put me over the top. So I signed up for this month?s drawing on the Pink Elkhorn.

Now we have to hope that the rod makes it to the lady flyfisher, if I win. My ladyfisher is a beginner; and it would be a shame if the rod were destroyed in some freak novice accident. It is a nice rod; and, after all, some of the guys in the major leagues used pink bats to show support for Breast Cancer research. Couldn?t I use it for a while and turn it over to the lady after she moves a few more inches up the learning curve? Besides, who says that tuxedo black graphite is the only acceptable color for men? This is the 21st century, isn?t it? I like to think people have more tolerance.

That is as far as I can go now. It is a real dilemma.
    If I win, I wlll let you know how it goes.
    Bear742

I think you will look just fine with your Pink Elkhorn fly fishing outfit, along with your gold lamay vest and baby blue speedo waders. I suppose a pink Cadilac will get you to the river just as well as a 4X4. Just think, GQ may start up a fly fishing section. They will probably need an editor at large? Anyone interested?

I have a daughter who sells Mary Kay....so pink for her would be cool. And a grandaughter who loves all things pink do to Barbie Dolls. Pink for her would be great also. Wonder if there is a way to build a rod and make it a pink rod?

Gemrod

In case you have trouble matching clothing to this fly rod, there is a start-up company selling women's fly fishing clothing. I think the berry color in one of their fly vests might go well with this fly rod. "Girls on the fly" doesn't appear on the Sponsors page yet, but I let them know what a fine site this is and told them about the Elkhorn giveaway.
    Tracy

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

Default Amie would love it

Amie would love me to win this rod since she would be sure to get it as a xmas present. She has 3 rods already including a 8 wt for fishing the salt, 6 wt for fishing general trout and bass and most recently she took from me a 6 wt glass rod I had bought at a garage sale that she fell in love with before I even got it home. She has been asking me as well that since I have the new to me bamboo rod if she can take my 3-wt St Croix LU out for a spin. I am afraid to because some how rods seem to become hers if she likes casting it.
    She has already told me that she better get some fly fishing equipment for xmas this year. While she loved all the clothes and the Ruby earrings last xmas, she was disiponted to not get any stuff for fly fishing. She did get from me some wadders a month after xmas to use for Steelhead fishing in the winter. As a women that fishes with me over 50 days a year often while sleeping in the back of my pick up or sleeping in a 18 ft boat she is a real hardcore out door person and maybe this rod would show others she has a softer side to.

Well if you buy a cheap rod and it breaks it cost $50 to replace. If you break the Elkhorn it cost $25 (or $35). Let her use it and go buy your own

jed

Perhaps Amie could enter the Monthly Drawing herself?
    Just a thought....

Default I may

I may have her do just that if I can get her to spend time on the computer at home. Neither of us get on line at home much since we are both are on computers all day. I am able to go on line at work and she is not.

9. Default

I would love to win the rod for my eighteen year old daughter who loves fly fishing; however, I have filled out the monthly registration form for numerous years now and I have won nothing. Needless to say, is it really worth the effort? I am very frustrated!!!!

I will tell you the same thing I told customers when I worked at a lotto booth....your odds of winning increase substantially when you actually play!

+ Reply to Thread