+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fenwick Flyrods

Default Fenwick Flyrods

Hey folks, I don't see Fenwick fly rods mentioned here much. Not sure why? Possibly they are all imports. I am looking for a 6wt rod to use for a Steelhead trip. Don't think I will use it very often as most of my fishing is in the 4wt range. Any imput on the Fenwick rods would be appretiated.
    Thanks
    Bill from PA

I do most of my fishing with a Fenwick Streamer. If you can find one for a hundred bucks or less I expect you will be not only be lucky but pleased as well. I paid ninety for my and it is a steal. Fenwick only makes two flyrods I think so that is part of the problem.
    Paul

3. Default

gardenfish is correct. Fenwick makes only 2 models the HMX and the EagleGT. $ 100 - 160,

I used to build fenwick fly rods and find them to be a good rod. As previously mentioned they don't make a bunch of fly rods so they are only meeting a small section of the market. Would I get another one you bet ya, but only if the wife said I could LOL

I have four Finwick Ironfeathers fly rods. 3,5,6,8 wts all 9 footers. They all cast great except for the 8 wt.The 8 wt cast more like a 9 wt.I love them all. I also feel they perform as well as the big name rods that I own. I hope this helps. And always remember "all rod cast well in the right hands".
    Later

Close out Fenwicks can be bought cheap at a web site called Fishermans Factory Outlet.
    Since they are not a sponser I will not include a URL, but it's worth looking at.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I have 3 Fenwicks - and will definately pick up others - when the time arises. The gem is the 7'6" 4wt Eagle GT. Beauty little creek rod. With the local waters about here though - it's use is few times a year.

Gotta see what else they have kicking about .......

+ Reply to Thread