+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the tears are quietly falling

Default the tears are quietly falling

I just visited the web site for the new Mrine Corps Museum: usmcmuseum.org. Call me a softy or what you want. I dont care. I proudly served this country and when you look back on History and see what our men and women endured to give us the freedoms we enjoy, Im sorry. It chokes me up. Then too see some of the attitudes in this country it tees me off. Either stand behind our troops or stand in front of them. I for one would gladly sign up again if I could. I will close for now and just think on the sacrifices men and women have endured for this country. Semper Fidelis-Clyde

Clyde,
    It would help if some people were interested in History. Military History has always been important to me. Many people now are VERY concerned about their cell phones and how much money they can make.
    Maybe it's getting colder out there and respect is going out the window. Were in the HI Tech times and the pressure is stronger than ever to succeed. Succeed at WHAT? The measure of a person isn't how rich they are, but did they CARE about and LOVE others.
    When I read about the sacrifices that are Soldiers have made, it is humbling. I don't blame a Veteran for not talking about their experiences, but the ones that have spoken, have spoken for all.
    Thank you for your service to our country.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Clyde,
    Thanks for the post. This old Army VietNam Vet agrees 100% with your words & feelings.
    Doug..Thanks for chiming in!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

My feelings are with you all.
    ditto 100 PERCENT

Gemrod
    Also an old Vietnam Vet and as Nighthawk says "Proud of it"

Clyde you served this country with pride as did many others. You along with the many men and women who served in the past and are serving now will forever have my gratitude.

Rocky

Too many have forgotten, or were never taught:
    Freedom is never free

If you don't respect yourself or anyone else, then why respect our Flag? Happiness isn't even a light at the end of the tunnel for some people.
    Just my opinion, but I want to help people who are mad at the world, because I was one of them.
    One example was what I learned on FAOL and that was a Post about Littering and how mad people were about it. Someone replied that they took a garbage bag with them on their fishing trips and they picked up after people. So I learned that you skip over the anger and YOU make a difference. Complaining doesn't solve anything.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I hate war and despise those who cause it. HOWEVER, I love soldiers and sailors, grunts and zoomies, all who serve and who have served. What a paradox! My Pop served and I did and I am proud of it. Very proud.
    Paul

nighthawk Guest

Amen to all! Paul, you touched on something that most folks do not realize. The last people that want war are the men and women that have to fight it.

Paul;
    A very profound post, thank you. We did our best, as always, as soldiers and friends. I wonder where they are now, did they all come home? I was Army.

+ Reply to Thread