+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Soldier's Oath that your vets took for you..............

nighthawk Guest

Default The Soldier's Oath that your vets took for you..............

....and it is still taken today by all members of the military services of the United States of America.

I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

To my fellow vets and service members, thank you!

Default oath

Semper Fi Nighthawk! When I look at the flag I dont see stars. I see my brothers in arms who went before me. When they honor vets in our Church even our 80 year old Marine stands tall. I would gladly serve again

you are welcome.

Default Veteran's Day

The day for honoring our vets (and those now serving) has been moved a time or two. Friday is the 'actual' day, but because of the commericalization it is being celebrated on Sat.

Thank you to all who served. It is an honor to thank you all.

In the U.S. Army, there is always the reference to those who have served before, those who serve at the present time, as "The Lone Blue Line". This refers to the Traditional U.S. Army Uniform of "Army Blue", and to those who have worn the uniform. Many sacrificing, all for the protection of the U.S. Constitution. The present soldiers, are but a continuation of all who have served before, of "The Lone Blue Line".

I have recently read in the news, the the U.S. Army will be returning to the "Army Blue" Uniform, for their "Class A" dress uniform. This will replace the Olive Green "Class A" uniform, that was issued in the 1960's, which replaced the Brown Uniform worn since the World War I.

Military Units, alway rememeber the Heraldry, Wars, and Campaigns; that their units have served in. Their Regimental Flags have the "Battle Ribbions" attached to the standard to which their Regimental Flag is affix.

Within the Regiment are individual units, who have their own "Unit Crest" which date to the days of sheilds carried into battle. Each has a unique design and motto, that expresses their units Valor.

Then there are the Unit Patches worn on the shoulder of the uniform. Active Unit is worn on the left shoulder, while the unit the soldier served with in combat is on the worn on the right shoulder. The right arm (near the sleeve cuff) is the combat arm, where the stripes are affixed to show length of service in combat (each stripe denotes 6 months of combat). The hash stripes on the left sleeve cuff denote time served in the U.S. Amry (3 year/hash stripe). All of this along with the medals awarded, that are displayed on the left front of the uniform, allows anyone to be able to read that soldiers career, and honors at first glance.

General McArthur at his last visit to West Point said it best. "Duty, Honor, Country", always remember, "Duty, Honor, Country"! Once you have taken the oath, you are bound to that oath, forever. 12 years ago, after 27 years of service, I too joined that "Long Blue Line"!

Meorial Day, is designed for Honoring the those who Died in Combat, while Veteran's Day is for Honoring those who have Served!
    I do object to Commericalization of these two National Holidays with Memorial Day Sales or Veteran's Day Sales, as well as Commercial Establishments that fly Old Glory from Light Poles!

Steven H. McGarthwaite
    Platoon Sergeant, U.S. Army, Retired
    3rd Infantry Regiment (Old Guard)

To all soldiers past and present, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. My door will always be open for you.

Rocky

No one wanted to die. They laid their lives down for their comrades. Our soldiers were and are the BEST of the BEST! Our country is the guiding light of freedom because of them. I would encourage others to read stories about our soldiers. To this day I am grateful for their strength and example.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Thank you Vets and service members--it has been 60 plus years that I took that oath and it brings back memories of days in the Arny Air Corps. Parnelli they told us we were to get blue also but it took many years. Our best improvement was a "Eisenhower Jacket' Bill

I want to thank all vets for all you have done and sacrifised. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Amen, and thank you ... every day of the year.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread