+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biot Body Dry

Default Biot Body Dry

Just learned how to take pictures of flies that I have tied and really liked this one (the wing on the other side looks much longer than the one if the foreground, but they are the same length... need to work on that whole perspective thing). So here it is...

looks Great.Happy tying.

WWFF

Suggestion Midgeman... something to give a homogeneous backround...like say a piece of felt at WalMart for a few dimes....will give less distraction in the backround.....I notice a lot of people here use a blue....

ah yes that would look better. we want to see more of the fly, not the backround.

WWFF

You know, I hadn't thought about that... I will work on something like that tonight. That would probably also help with the camera focusing in... thanks again.

Midge,

I use some scrap matte board that my wife had left over from matting some of her paintings. Works fine and lots of colors.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Nice looking fly! Once you start taking pictures of your flies and then looking at the pictures on a big monitor all the flaws come out. However that appears to only happen to me as yours looks beautiful.

Jonathan

P.S. The background doesn't have to be big at all since it's a close up. Post card size would even be fine. Most any solid color will do the trick, however blue feels like water so thats my preference.

Great fly!! Check out this page for photography tips and tricks. They helped me when I was a "lurker" on this site and a newbie to tying.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/photo/index.html

Is there no end to the plethora of information on this site? Don't leave home without it! When FAOL speaks...

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Yukitajon,

No, it doesn't just happen to you. After looking at my handy work, I can see several things that need to be worked on (for example, the tail is too long, by a bit). I was working on making the wings and was pretty happy with the way they turned out. Still need lots of practice though. I usually tie more nymphs so I am working on the dry fly issue.

Default tail length

MidgeMan, there are some mayflies that have longer tails, but I can't remember which they are - that is another issue about tying to learn about - it never ends.

+ Reply to Thread