+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Call for Fly Donations for Al?s Memorial Bench

Default Last Call for Fly Donations for Al?s Memorial Bench

73 folks have signed up to donate a dozen flies towards purchasing and installing a memorial bench for Al Campbell next to a stream in the Black Hills. See the original thread here: [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum5/HTML/004616.html:22883]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum5/HTML/004616.html[/url:22883]

I?m very pleased with this response but I still feel we should end up with about 27 more people. I?ve sent out a couple emails to the registered participants urging them to bring in a few more folks, especially ?celebrity? tiers, but haven?t gotten much of any response to these emails. If you have signed up for a donation but haven?t received one of these emails (last one sent Friday the 6th) then make sure the email wasn?t blocked as spam on your mail server.

Nonetheless I think this week will just about end the search for participants, as we need to move on. So I encourage every member of FAOL who ties to participate in this event. Your skill as a fly tyer isn?t the issue, your desire to establish a remembrance for Al is. Please join in this effort and please round up any other participants you can. Spread the word at fly shops, other internet sites and with any fly tyer you know; the more the merrier.

To sign up just send me an email stating your desire to; riverwader@mac.com

Thank you to all who have already signed on and look for a final tally and submission details at the start of next week.

Thank you and have fun
    Paul Dieter

nighthawk Guest

Paul,
    I got your email today. I was thiking about contacting the folks at E. Hille's Angler's Supply House but I don't know if they knew Al. Guess there is only one way to find out. Hille's used to be a sponsor here at FAOL and Al probably bought supplies off of them at one time or another. I'll let you know what I find out.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

thanks Eric, that's just the kind of effort we need.

Have fun
    paul

I probably have not been a member long enough to make the following statement and will take the "bashing", but, come on people Al would have done it for you, so let's reach the goal please. Paul, remember that I will donate more it you want them. I know it will not mean as much, but it is the least I can do. Just let me know.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Count me in.
    Sent you an e-mail.
    Do you want more than a dozen?

I'm in for a dozen.

------------------
    Chuck Hitt

I am unable to contribute flies since I am "challenged" in that skill department.I have the vise and the "stuff" but unfortunately lack the skill. I would be happy to BUY two or so
    dozen of the donated flies and do my part THAT way.
    I assume that would be agreeable to all.

Mark

PS: I would need anything dry, #14- #20
    And since I cannot contribute flies, where can I send a check donation

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

I will tie a dozen and make them just so. Great idea. Thank you.

Paul is off fishing for the weekend Marco, so he won't be able to reply until next week.
    However, here is the plan - the flies will be put into 'collections' which will be auctioned and raffled off in various places.
    We will run a list when that is ready.

There will also be an opportunity to send a donation to the memorial fund to maintain the bench and site as well. Stay tuned.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread