+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to thank you.....

I would have to thank my poker buddies who insisted that I go with them to Arkansas right after my Dad died a couple of years ago. They were going fly fishing on the White RIver. I had no interest and had never done it before. They insisted that it would be good to get out of the house. They were right. That one trip ignited my interest in the sport. Since then I have started tying and fish several times a month nad it provides me with a wonderful way to stay centered.

I would like to thank John Lewis who was my mentor when it came to fly fishing. I never got to fish with John, he was very old when I first met him. He was a tall thin man, with a John Wayne smirk/smile, I truly felt like a Pilgrim when around him. When I went into the Mountain shop (Hardy,Cortland dealer Portland, Oregon 1970's)and needed anything to do with fly fishing, John in his slow drawn out speech and manor would hold a rod in his hand a tell you all about its action, history and how it would play for you. It was memezorising. He was the kindest man I have ever known. He worked for Meier & Frank sporting goods before that and was a buyer for them. I still have a Hardy Princess he gave me and a beautiful bamboo rod made in Ireland. I sure do miss him. He will be forever in my thoughts and prayers. Jonezee

Wow!

And Silverexpress, an awsome story.

Thank you.

Chris
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

I just had another thought.

I wonder if anyone (next generation) will say that about me?

Think about it!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread