+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fishing Alone.

I am so glad to hear you like it. I am also glad that my favorite rivers are open year round. Just got to pick the days that the guides don't ice up on every other cast.

I first began fishing for trout with a grade school chum. That was longer ago than I care to remember. We still meet once in a while to fish together although we both live on different coasts. I always preferred fishing with a buddy but often circumstances dictated either solitary fishing or no fishing at all, and the former is preferable. Now that I am older and have a few physical problems I prefer fishing where others are present, even if I am fishing by myself.

Bob

Default Iced up guides

Fly Goddess, I found that if you keep hot coffee/tea/??? close by, the guides don't ice up or even get grumpy when it gets cold outside.

Default Re: Iced up guides

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides
    Fly Goddess, I found that if you keep hot coffee/tea/??? close by, the guides don't ice up or even get grumpy when it gets cold outside.
    The problem is, it has to be de-caffinated or they will not go back into the rod sock or tube LOL
    Any suggestions for the ol' shake the rod in the water to loosen the ice, only to bring the tip out with bigger ice cubes than started with

+ Reply to Thread