+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&H: Great Service from a Sponsor

Default H&H: Great Service from a Sponsor

Just wanted to pass on a positive about Ron and the gang at Hook & Hackle. I placed an order late last Saturday night for close to a thousand hooks and some other tying supplies. I was pleasantly surprised when I got back from work on Friday to find my order waiting for me at home.

A big thanks to Ron and company for the great service.
    Joe Bertolini

Hello,
    I placed an order on October 10th on some fly lines and fluoro tippets. Already paid in full and not yet shipped out ... For me H&H used to have a much better service ...

Thierry - You may want to send H&H an email. They may have one of the items you ordered on back order, which could hold your order up. Happened to me, and I emailed Ron, who got right back to me and told me about the holdup. He offered to ship out the partial order, but received the backordered stuff the next day and shipped out the entire order. He's a really good guy to do business with, and he'll take good care of you.

The guys at H&H are great. They've finally got most of the kinks worked out, and are servicing their customers well. The only thing I still don't understand is why they don't email, or call, a customer when they know something is on back order, to let that customer know somethings on back order, and an approximate time for delivery. I know I do better knowing the straight poop, and believe others would also. My last order turned out great. When I asked about how long it was taking, I found the cork was on back order. I simply ordered something else ( a better cork!), and it was shipped out the next day! And the rods turned out better looking for the change.
    That said, good people, good service, good product.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hi you all!
    May be I'm disappointed and find that the H&H service is poor because I've sent 4 emails to Ron and got no answer. For me this is unacceptable. When you've a customer who has ALREADY paid in full for his order and the vendor stays deaf and dumb, this isn't good business!
    This wasn't my first order but probably the last one!
    I can't imagine it's because I'm from Europe ...

Thierry - Sent you a PM. Maybe I can help you out in resolving this problem. Been meaning to call H&H to order a new fly line, so I'll wait a day or two to hear from you. Maybe Ron hasn't received your email for some reason or the other. At your service....Ed

Hi Ed,
    Thank you very much for your help
    However I've not received your PM. I'm pretty sure Ron has received my emails but if you can do something for me that'd be nice.
    I've no problem telling that my # order is: 86910
    Best wishes,
    Thierry

Hi Thierry - Just got off the phone with Ron from Hook & Hackle. He said that the Wulff fly line you ordered from them is backordered and that is what is holding your order up. He has already sent you an email with that information in it, but apparently you didn't get his email. Perhaps your spam filter blocked his email. He is working on such a tiny profit margin (which explains their GREAT prices) that they simply cannot send out partial orders on overseas orders due to the high cost of shipping. Their policy is to respond to all emails (that is what Ron was doing when I talked to him) in a prompt and timely manner. You can bet that your order will be shipped fast as soon as they get that line in stock. For future orders, you may want to use their toll free number to place your order - that way, you'll know if they have everything in stock. They're a good bunch of guys that are working hard to bring their fellow fly fishers the best possible prices. Hope this clears things up for you.

Ed, I do not want this thread becomes a personal problem.
    I repeat, H&H told me on 10/25 that one fly line was missing; since this day no news after 4 emails. Is it normal?
    I repeat, H&H already charged me for this missing line. Is this normal?
    I have my own idea ...

[/quote]H&H told me on 10/25 that one fly line was missing; since this day no news
    Thierry - Looks like you answered your own question. There is no change on your order's status. They are still waiting for that fly line as well. They'll ship the entire order out as soon as they get that line in. As for being charged for an order that they haven't shipped, well, I have to admit that's not been my experience with them. Just because they took your credit card information doesn't mean they have posted the charges to your account, though I'm sure you must have checked this out before posting it here. Looks to me like you have two options. One - wait for them to receive that line so they can ship your order, or, Two - call them up and cancel the order if it is too long for you to wait. I don't think you'll find that line for a better price anywhere, so it's probably a good economic decision to wait things out. If I were you, I'd go out and pick up a cheap line to "hold me over" till I got what I wanted, and then keep the cheap line as a backup or for lawn casting. The choice is yours - I have no interests in Hook & Hackle other than a very satisfied customer that has saved hard earned money by buying from them. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.......Ed

+ Reply to Thread