+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing in the Poconos

Default Fishing in the Poconos

Looks like PFBC is a bit slow with scheduled stocking. Anybody found any good fishing in the Pocono are lately? I would love to hit the water tomorrow or Monday.

Tried Pohopoco last weekend and it was so so. Caught 5 rainbows about 1/2 mile below the dam.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Hey Mickie i'm in Jim Thorpe, and have heard that the Pohopoco was producing fish with some in the 20 inch range. I heard that minnow imitations were working well there. Try the Lehigh River theres always fish in there and the rafters shouldn't be coming down anymore. Do you need to know specific patterns, or hatches that are occuring? Good luck and let me know how you do.

Matt

The McMicheal fly area in stroud is producing very well. Mud run was doing good last week. Iwas up there for the week of 16th to the 22nd and did well on all the area streams.

Yeah with things poping up all weekend and the wonderful weather I was not even able to look at my poles.

This weekend I'm deafinitel going though.

Trout48 where is the best access from to McMichaels Creek ALO area? I would like to check it out.
    Thanks.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Go into stroudsberg from rt611 onto main st make a right go down to the wawa and make a left onm dorshimer rd. follow to the golf course make a right looks like youre going right thru the middle of the golf course. follow to dead end and make a right follow to parking lot.

Trout48 any specific patterns for Mud Run? I'm only a few miles from there but have never fished it. I hear that its scenic around the stream. Keep an eye out for bears while your there. I saw a cub right off of 903 near Mud Run. It's mom is sure to be around somewhere. And my dad saw a big one in Hickory Run the other day.

Warm Water

Size 20 BWO ARE ABOUT THE ONLY THING OTHER THAN ANTS AND BEATLES.

+ Reply to Thread