+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furled Leader Demo

Default Furled Leader Demo

I'm on my way to Lansing, MI tomorrow morning with a good friend and member here to give a furled leader demo to a large fly shop. It seems the popularity is growing! We're taking our boards and tools, thank goodness he has a pickup!
    They are not a sponsor here but we'll work on that. They will be introduced to FAOL I assure you.
    I learned the "Art"(?) from WarrenP and Kathy Scott and here's a chance to spread it to others.
    Maybe our 15 minutes of fame?!

nighthawk Guest

You the man, Jack! Have fun!

Jack
    Good luck. I just came up from the dungeon. I learned a new trick with the leader board. I learned how to build a strike indicator into thre butt of the leader for nymphing. I'll have samples at the Pirate's meeting.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Good luck and drive careful. Sounds like it'll be a fun day.

Mike

Trip Report
    Bob and I spent 3 hours with the shop manager and the owner today. The owner was tying some awsome bass flys and passed on some great tying tips. He was testing materials to see how they worked and had just placed a large order so I couldn't bring any home.
    The manager spent most of the time learning to make furled leaders out of several different threads. They were introduced to FAOL (I have a sudo business card which mentions my membership) and I'm sure they will be at least visiting soon.
    This is a "Fly Shop"!! Materials galore, tables set up for lessons, tables set up for rod building and a good selection of rod's, fly's, etc. Not a large shop but very comfortably clutterd and with some very knowledgeable people.
    Fun day!!

+ Reply to Thread