+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fenwick tackle

Default Fenwick tackle

Anyone have any comments on the Fenwick/Berkley fly fishing products? I just don't seem to see them advertised or discussed in fly fishing literature much. I live just down the road from the company's outlet so have a good chance to pick some up at reasonable prices if the quality is any good.

Hi Art,
    Welcome to the board.
    Some years back I bought a Fenwick CoFi at closeout from Fishermans Factory Outlet online. A fantastic rod at over 60% off retail. My favorate trout rod.
    I don't know why they discontinued the line because they never replaced it with another higher end rod.
    The company seems to do well enough with their Berkley, Mitchell, and Abu Garcia products that they don't care much about Fenwick.
    The Iron Hawk rods that they have on sale now look to be a very good deal
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I have 3 Fenwicks : Eagle GT - 7ft 4wt. 8ft 6wt, and a 9ft 9wt. Love each and every one of them. The EagleGT takes a floating or ty. IV sink line without much change in action.

I had a Berkley Enforcer 7wt - it was great overlined with a WF8F. It was light for my warmwater expeditions, but still brought in my first channel cat. Kinda pooched that rod (the memories still hurt) ....... ... couldn't find another, but that's when I came across the 6wt and 9wt Fenwicks.

Basically - if it's a rod, and you like it - not much else to do about it. It's all what I like laying out as 'choices'. Sure there's the new rods being raved about - it's all up to which direction you choose to turn to.

Me - next time I'm looking for another rod, I'll keep these in the fore-running.

darrell,

I have 3 Fenwick flyrods and one Fenwick spinning rod. Quality is great, especially considering the price. My other flyrods I built myself with JK Fisher blanks.
    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. ~ Mark Twain

Default Thanks for the replies.

Think I'll stop in and check out their selection. I really could use a good 6 wt for bass and a 8 wt for northern pike.
    Then I could retire my old glass rod and Browning Silaflex.

art

+ Reply to Thread