+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two Handed Trout

Default Two Handed Trout

Now I know I will get flamed,like I did with my "Fat Trout" thread, but this is obscene. We are talking Rainbow BABY.... No fish like fish watching winter close in and they come out of the big lakes where you can target them. This one was caught this week, cold, blowing, slow fishing.... BUT big boys are cruzing.

You know you have a big rainbow when you have a herna to lift them.... Enjoy it, I am running from the flames, as I am off to fly fish in Chile for a month, to return back and actually face up to winter... Got to keep fishing and the trout season opened this week in Chile... I will be back to see what havok this post raised!!!

Blog Entries

There is already a thread for fish this size , click this link.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/view ... hp?t=13263

For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

You are either a very small person, or that is a very big fish.....Lion Tigers and Bear, Oh My! ~Parnelli

Do you think I was born yesterday!
    That's a KING SALMON dressed up like a rainbow!
    Just in time for Trick or Treat!
    Doug P.S. Your getting Chilly so your headed to Chile
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

hmmm, he forgot to say what he used. Would it really do me any good to know? No, I don't think so.

That fish is smiling. Great time of year.

I'm not really sure who has who in that picture!

That "Goliath" Rainbow just might have him pinned down, and the only way he agreed to let Flyboy@ak get up, was if he agreed to leave the country for say, Chile!

Ya, ya, I think that's what's going on, would you argue with a Rainbow that big?

Words of Wisdom... Whatever you do, don't challenge Flyboy@ak to a game of poker, the deck is definitely stacked in his favor. This guy's always showing a hand full of aces!

I can't wait to see what happens to you in Chile.

Flyboy, that's an outrageous fish. You da MAN!

Terry

"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

First off I have to clear the water on the photo... That is not me, or someone in my party. I help moderate a flyfishing forum board in AK, and this was submitted by one of our forum board members. However, it is beyond a HOG.... I would guess a 20lb+ rainbow.

JC, I can find out what fly was used, but my guess would be it was a flesh fly. Flesh rules now as the millions of salmon carcuses are rotting and the water has risen and flooding the rivers with food. These big bruisers come out of the big lakes to chase that food source. A faded egg imitation (really a bead is the only real viable one) may have been used too. This water does not allow multiple hooks, but in water that does, a flesh fly with an egg dropper works deadly. Flesh and Eggs, or mice, why eat little bugs when you are this big?!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should try casting T-bone steak imitations. This guy is a protein eater.

EDIT 10/23: I found out this fish was caught on a bead. Trout can't resist a well presented bead, regardless of what nature is providing for them. They are so keyed in on them from the first salmon drops in June through September, that when they see one, they are likely to take it.

That bow was probably hunting grizzly bears... After all, it's nearly hibernation time and the big bows have to get 'em before they're all gone.

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

+ Reply to Thread