+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in your.................?

Default What's in your.................?

I must be on vacation.I've got time to post"stuff". Well, in any case, In an earlier post about an invaluable gadget(my opinion), a few people indicated that they didn't need "another/more" gadget(s) in/on there chestpack. For my/our information, other than flies, what do YOU have attached to/in/on your vest,lanyard,chestpack? I would like to gleen from the responses what I should/could be including.

Mark

PS: In my case, it's a hemostat,clippers,tippet holder,Ty-Rite tool,flip-up magnifiers on my hat and that's about all.

Blog Entries

Hemostat, floatant, fingernail clipper, fingernail file, and knot tool, (made from cloths pin) Soon to add one of the Radio shack holders.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Eric,
    That knot tool made from a clothes pin? Any way you could describe or can you post picture?

Mark
    PS: I forgot about the floatant I carry too.

hemostat, nail clippers, thermometer, whistle

(don't ask what's in the pockets) ..........

I don't like things dangling so most stuff is in a pouch attached to my check box straps or waist belt.

The only things attached and able to get tangled up are nippers & EZ-hook on zingers on my chest box straps and Hat-Eyes, Brimz sunglasses, and LED light on my hat visor.

I have a buddy that actually carries a coffee pot, cups, and a backpacking stove to make coffee by the river. We got the idea from AK Best book, just glad I dont have to carry it.

flybox(in shirt pocket), nippers, forceps, floatant, spare leader and tippet spool in fly box. Used to carry all the other stuff, never used it, so I started leaving it behind. Don't miss the extras a bit
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

That knot tool made from a clothes pin? Any way you could describe or can you post picture?
    I read about the tool in a book called Taps tips, take the clothes pin apart. Fill in the part of the cloths pin that is hollow and goes over the clothes line. The Author suggested wood puty I used hot glue. Make the putty flush with the clothes pin. reassemble when dry.

what this does is give a nice easy to use clamp that holds the line while doing a blood knot, Trying to tye on tippet in a rocking canoe was a pain, with this tool it is easyer. still better to remember to tie it on at home.

I want to play with this clamp this winter and see if I can improve it some.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I once had a fishermen show me a necklace that had a lot of accessories on it. I laughed. I guess it could be a good safety item because it would make plenty of noise so the bears wouldn't eat you.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

So thats what that shinny thing in the bear poop was.....

+ Reply to Thread