+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Thermometer

Default Digital Thermometer

I am doing a search here and on Google for digital thermometers, but without much luck. My brother wants one for his birthday next month and I thought I would get him one. I thought there was a thread or article on the subject sometime back and I was hoping to find it because a particular brand was mentioned that many felt was of excellent quality.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Digital....wazzat?
    We have one somewhere that has batteries and a #'s read-out. Ya can sink it and it reads and records every 5 ft. to a hunnert ft. I think it was a Cabela's item. I think it was around $60.
    ....lee s.

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

I found it! The digital stream thermometer I was looking for is the William Joseph Digital Thermometer.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I've seen those W & J thermometers they are the same as the stick on the glass "digital" aquarium thermometers, I assume your talking about the one they advertise for $9.95. They are woefully inaccurate and are far from digital. W & J does sell one designed for small boats but its size and the length of the probes wire make it tough to carry in a vest,about $39.00. Orvis is now selling a true digital $29.99 where you dip a probe into the water and get an actual readout like your kitchen meat thermometer, another Alton Brown gadget. Try your local kitchen supply store they might sell one at a better price, Linen n Things or Bed Bath & Beyond.

Tom

Digital? Like electronic? DryFlyGuy "HAD" one until the PA fish-in this past June. I won't mention any names, but don't let (Ed) get a hold of it. Hope you like yours! Have thought about one,lost my manual gauge. Will have to look at W&J, thanks!
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

They also have them at Target (the ones that are the same as the William & Joseph digital one, not the Orvis).

I like the Orvis one b/c of the folding probe.

empeekay i didn t do it, he-he just about nine fishermans saw me do it. bruce is still taking temps with it. so it is a good one, high price one anyway. hope the boy is still catching fish. flyman 3

Quote Originally Posted by TomTrout
    I've seen those W & J thermometers they are the same as the stick on the glass "digital" aquarium thermometers, I assume your talking about the one they advertise for $9.95. They are woefully inaccurate and are far from digital. W & J does sell one designed for small boats but its size and the length of the probes wire make it tough to carry in a vest,about $39.00. Orvis is now selling a true digital $29.99 where you dip a probe into the water and get an actual readout like your kitchen meat thermometer, another Alton Brown gadget. Try your local kitchen supply store they might sell one at a better price, Linen n Things or Bed Bath & Beyond.

Tom
    The one I am talking about and just picked up from a fly shop who's owner is retiring is a W&J electronic digital stream thermometer. It list for oround $25 and I paid $20. Here is a link to their website and the thermometer I am talking about. http://www.williamjoseph.net/images/products/WdtBig.jpg Thanks for the other suggestions.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thanks for the link

Tom

+ Reply to Thread