+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any cure for fly tying or am I beyond hope here?

nighthawk Guest

Default Is there any cure for fly tying or am I beyond hope here?

Tonight I discovered something really sick about myself. I love to ty bead head flies. I have never given them a serious try until this evening. Heck, I never could put a neat, tapered head on wet flies anyway. I think I am running a fever now. Is there any hope for me?

Nope! No hope.
    Try some Ice Cream Cone choronamids. They're so easy they almost tie themselves.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Eric,
    You better NEVER try a beadhead Hare's Ear nymph for brown trout. They think it's candy!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default fly tying

Nighthawk, This is just a start. I know I started the same way. Shoot flies aint hard. Mayby Ill buy a rod kit? Heheheh Your on the slide enjoy

Blog Entries

Sorry one of the twelve signs of addiction is having to ask that question in the first place.
    The absolute point of no return is having a large fish come to hand with one of your own flies in the corner of its mouth.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

If you figure out a cure for this disease let me know.......WAIT I don't want to be cured

-Hillard

nighthawk Guest

Hot diggity dog! Fishes that like rabbit and ice cream cones! It don't get any better than this!

Now I can ty real nice woolly buggers too. I have had a bad year to date but this has perked me right up. Think I'll hit the waters tomorrow and try some of these out. Where can I find the pattern for the ice cream cone choronomids?

Yee Ha-aw!

all I can say is that I am reading this at midnight after trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to get the dubbing right on a gosh darn Hare's Ear for the last two hours...
    don't think there is a cure...

"after trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to get the dubbing right on a gosh darn Hare's Ear for the last two hours..."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    I feel your pain,rawfish. My dubbing is looking pretty good for tying scuds, but unfortunately,not every fly looks decent with a huge fuzzy mess of dubbing hanging off it.

Rodger
    I'd rather be fishing!!!

Eric, just wait until you see how effective beadhead nymphs are when fished. Me thinks that your sickness is just getting started, wait until it gets a real grip on you.

It has been known to cause grown men to drool at the site of new fly tying catalogs, grovel at the feet of their wife asking for just one more trip to the Fly Shop (after having been there twice already that same day), and to spend countless hours alone in the corner of the basement sitting at their tying desk and staring blankly into space whilst daydreaming of that new material they just got to have(not that i speak from experience or anything).

Don't even get me started on what can happen once you get a few buddies together for some tying sessions or if your kids take an interest in tying.... It's a good thing that marriage vows have the " in SICKNESS and in health" part in there.

+ Reply to Thread