+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roscoe Fish-In 2007

Default Roscoe Fish-In 2007

The Roscoe Fish-In, 2007, has been tentatively set for the dates Monday June 4th through Sunday June 10th. Of course people who would like to get a foot up on everyone else may decide to get to the area as early as June 1st or 2nd. Those of you able to get there early can do some 'scouting' and give us slowpokes a report. As is usually the case, some people cannot spend the entire week. Anyone is encouraged to attend for whatever time they can may have, be it a day, two days or the entire week. As is usual, there'll be plenty of fishing in many waters, fly tying in the evenings, group breakfasts and strategy sessions, a group dinner, a picnic, some games, great comraderie and all the fun you can handle. So mark those dates on your calendar and watch here as more information is developed and posted.

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions or concerns.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Default Roscoe Fish-In

Hi Diane:
    I made reservations at the Reynolds House in Roscoe for the dates indicated. However, I have not seen that the dates for the Fish-In are confirmed. Please let me know if the posted dates still look good. Thanks, JCampbell
    God Bless America

Has there been any update on the dates of the Roscoe Fish-In? I see from another post on this board that there will be a Fly Tying Expo going on at the same time. Are the dates posted earlier still good?

Hi Spek and Jcampbell as far as I know its the same dates as posted I know RW and I will be there that week so if no one shows we could allways fish together
    Monty

I've just noticed that the PA Fish-In is scheduled for the same time period.

Default Roscoe 2007

I will not attend. My plans have changed.
    God Bless America

RW here,

The dates of the Roscoe Spring Fling are carved in stone...June 4 to June 10 inclusive. My reservations at Rockland House are made, and I for one, look forward to seeing the old-timers and newbies alike. This will be the fifth annual get together for this group, and this particular time-period has proven to be a real fish-getter,

There is a strong rumor that "Ray Bergman" may attend and tie some of his souvenir wet flies for the event. This is something that no serious wet fly fisherman should miss.

Monty and I will also be present to tell (and re-tell) and even recreate, some of our historic adventures on the Beamoc watershed. And of course you don't want to miss Mike B's whining about all the "big fish" he's lost.

In addition, the fabulous cookout hosted by gourmet camp chef Allan Podell is a must for all anglers who attend. Even dogs from miles around follow the delicious smells wafting from Allan's grill and beg to be included in the outing.

Every evening is fly tying night at the Reynolds House Lounge compliments of Dez. Here new patterns and old are tied for the next day's fishing, accompanied by tall tales and bawdy jokes.

Breakfasts at Roscoe Diner are also traditional.

Hatch matchers and precision casters like les young and Ray DuBois are generally in attendance, along with the old Slicster, Dave Ulmer.

And let's not forget the "Old Poacher" himself lou t. and Professor Diane Maluso, who has many of her own adventure stories to tell, including her near death experiences in the Flood of 05.

All in all it's a rollicking good week of fishing and fun that no one should miss.

Newbies that attend are old friends when they leave.

More updates to follow.
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Default Re. Roscoe Fish In

Hi,

As you may have noticed the Fish In coincides with the Clearwater Junction Fly Tying show at the Rockland House 8+9 June.

Check our website at www.clearwaterjunction.com

It would be nice to see you between hatches!

Thanks

Mark

+ Reply to Thread