+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fish Replicas?

Default Fish Replicas?

Hey All,

I want to get a replica of a grayling I caught up in AK and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good shop for this? I am willing to spend a little more money for a fish that looks more realistic and like the one I caught.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam

Adam there are a couple guys here in Coquille Oregon that do great work on fish mounts and replicas. Give Ron or Jason a call at Timberline Taxidermy. The phone number is 396-2029.

Rocky

Having a background in Fisheries Science I'm a real stickler for detail when it comes to mounts and repro's.

Being in the tackle business I have traveled the world and have literally seen thousands and thousands of mounts and repros. I can honestly say that I have never seen work that approaches the quality of Advanced Wildlife Design in Toronto, Canada. Upon a tackle industry friends recommendation I checked them out and WOW I was blown away. They did a repro of a near 40 pound Atlantic Salmon I landed and released on the fly on the Gaspe Peninsula a few years back. It's simply amazing and a real show stopper when we have it hanging in the Mustad booth at shows. Since then I have recommended them to anyone looking to have a fish done and many have followed through with them. Every single one of those people simply could not have been happier with the work they received.

Their website is http://www.advancedtaxidermy.com/. Their client base covers the globe as word of their fantastic work travels fast. Give them a shot; you will not be let down. I have seen several Grayling they have done and like everything else they do, it was amazing.

PS - I have no association with them nor do I get any referral discount. I simply feel they are as good as it gets : )

Dr F,
    I believe you've posted about them before. Folks, check out that site...NICE stuff! Funny that this subject should surface as Jeff Salkas & I were just communicating about reproductions. IMHO, it's the only way to go for a physical trophy.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Thanks for the tips, guys!!

Adam

+ Reply to Thread