+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help ! Fishing Vermont

Default Help ! Fishing Vermont

I'm going to Vermont May 14-21.Will be staying at camp ground called "Camping on the Battenkill" near Arlinton. Any info on streams to fish and flies this time of year.Will be there a week and don't mind driving. Any info & suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Troutman (De)on the chat line

You're going to be camping on the "Battenkill" and you're asking about streams to fish? Have you checked a map of the area? You're camping on one of the best and toughest streams in Vermont. Orvis is just down the road, stop and ask them for tips and tricks and flies to use.

Al

Al,
    I know the tough reputation of Battenkill. I was just looking for tips on other streams.Thanks for your response

Sorry Joe, But when I'm over that way I only fish the Battenkill. I suppose there are smaller feeder streams that flow into the Battenkill, Orvis would know best for that area.

Al

[This message has been edited by dryflie (edited 06 May 2005).]

I have been a frequent lurker and thought that I would chime in on this topic. I usually make an annual pilgrimage to Manchester. I usually fish the Battenkill in the Early Morning and then late afternoon and evening, (Tubers take over during the sunshine hours). In the afternoon I fish a little stream called the Mettowee. Orvis will give you directions and access points.

Joe,

During the school year I'm an English teacher, but over the summer I work for Orvis in Manchester. Send me an email before you leave for your trip, and I'll see if I can't make some time to show you around. At the very least I'll give you the "where, when and how." Just promise me your tight-lipped confidence and I'll point you in the right direction.

Enjoy your trip.

Mike D. [url=http://battenkill.tripod.com:17ade]http://battenkill.tripod.com[/url:17ade]

Thanks to all for your great replys. FAOL is such a wonderful resource for all fisherman .
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread