+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passing Off

Default Passing Off

This past Sat. I passed on a client to another individual for personal reasons. The way I handled it was very bad. In the emails that followed it has been mentioned that passing off a client is "CS", not a good thing, poor customer service, etc.
    There are cases that this is true. Then again there are cases that the pass off is a benefit for the client. As and example, say a sales person in a shop asks if he can be of some help and the what the client is looking for is not an area that the sales person is well versed. I would much rather be help by someone that is knowledgable than someone that is not.
    I have been passed clients when the subject they want information or help on is out of the area of the initial salesperson.
    This is just like taking casting lessons form a great caster that can't teach. I would much rather have a excellent teacher than a excellent caster work with me on casting.
    There are always exceptions to anything and if explained correctly, not like I explained on Sat, it works out the best for all parties.
    Joe Libeu

JL you have a PM. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Default My experiences with JL and Marriott's

Let me put in a good word for Joe. He has been a very generous and sharing person/angler/caster, witness the work he puts in for the Long Beach Casting Club. Years ago, when the Internet fly fishing venue was FF@, and JC/LF hadn't even begun hosting FBN at AOL, I found myself at loose ends over a weekend in LA. Through FF@ I got in touch with Joe and had a delightful time watching/playing with the Long Beach casters. A bonus was Per Brandin was competing in a baitcasting tournament, 1/8oz if I recall, using a cane stick of his own design and a Meek with extremely low spool inertia.

Re Bob Marriott's emporium, I have visited that location when it was still Dale's. It really is an emporium, and not just a store. Bob brought a level of business professionalism to fly fishing retailing that was scary. One of the things he institutionalized was customer service from each member of his staff. Much as I love to visit the Fisherman's Spot, Mike Scott's, etc. anytime I'm in LA, the emporium is a must-visit for me.

tl
    les

+ Reply to Thread