+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary if true

Default Scary if true

I just came across this story; US federal judge declares boating illegal in all US navigatable waters www.ybw.com/ibinews/newsdesk/20060814154923ibinews.html
    if this proves to be true it could have some very serious conotations for all of us.

greatbear,
    Let's say your RICH and you own this river front property. Just think how upsetting it is when you have your rich friends over for cocktails and from out of nowhere a couple of COMMONER fishermen start fishing around YOUR dock!!!!
    These property owners need protection.
    It seems like some kind of sick game. If you don't have enough money for lawyers, that's too bad!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Orwell, 1984 .... everyone is created equal, some more so than others ............. (especially when $ is involved)

Touchy situation in many areas ....... however, I get irked when (in most places) shorelines are 'protected' or 'reserved' for those with sufficient amounts of moolah. Cottage countries, residential properties, etc.
    Shorelines collapse (natural occurance) - then after the property owners whine - the gov'mts usually fork over some of everyones dough to help them.
    Floods - again, compensation with everyones money.
    Ice flow damages ... compensation
    Oil spills ... compensation
    They buy, they build and they expect everyone else to help pay to clean up after disasters or messes that come along - after their choice to build in areas well known to bite back.

I'd support any notion of say a 50 ft or 100ft 'open' or 'undeveloped' area from high water levels along any waterway (riparian access areas). Waterways are natural features - natural - formed by nature. Nobody owns mother nature. They should be accessible for Joe Public - regardless of $ $ $

Do any of you honestly think this will fly ???

Never fly. And, with any luck, that judge will be drummed out of town before they can make another stupid decision like that. Talk about bought and sold... yeesh.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Wisdom is in short supply when it comes to rich people trying to get laws passed.
    Enforcement of the river law is a JOKE!
    WHO? is going to enforce it?
    The state of Oregon only has a couple of state troopers. I know! they can call in the ARMY.
    What ever happened to good old HORSE SENSE? It made it's way to the rear of the horse.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Over the years congress (rich attorneys) has passed laws (granting themselves unconstitutional powers) giving themselves more and more powers (which then makes those laws 'legal'). The laws made up by Federal Judges are examples. Only possible fix is a change of attitude by congress, you know who they are, those guys who by the constitution are the only ones who can declare war, but figured out how to 'pass the powers' (unconstitutional) to the President when it might not be a popular choice and literally give themselves raises in the middle of the night

Sounds like a cast off relative of Judge Smells....

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever hear of.........Other than that I have no comment, as my mother said if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it......And I don't need the world thinking I'm more redneck than they already think.

But I feel I have to make some comment on this so hear goes. Something like this would never fly in Canada, and even if it was passed the rural dwelling locals would never obey it anyways so enforcement would be foolish, espcially when the local law would mostlikely be the same type of folks that would not suport a ruling like this to begin with.

That is my censored, politically correct, way of saying things. The fact that this is even an issue anywhere irks me and usally when things irk me I'm much more blunt.

-Hillard

HMD,
    You did a good job of replying. Being diplomatic is not easy. You also don't have anything to worry about being accused of being a Redneck, because Jeff F. has made them popular, the same as Bill G. has done for Nerds.
    I hope you had good fishing this year!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread