+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MSA Hopper

Default MSA Hopper

Love that fly!.......I've always thought that nothing floats a fly better than a bunch of hackle! Great instructions too!. The tip on spinning the bobbin counterclockwise to tighten the dubbing works great!Thanks,....Jason

Loren Williams is a first class tier, Dr. Fish brought him to us and we hope to have more of his flies in the future!

Thanks for the kind words! I do need to point out a typo that I missed before I get too many emails...

You should spin the thread CLOCKWISE if you are a rightie.

Enjoy.

Thank you for that vital bit of information, I will be sure to add it to the Volume 10-1 article for next years FAOL Fly Pattern CD.

PS: If you want this years CD, that I am now buning just use the FAOL Message Center and give me the mailing address, and I will ship one out immediately.

Hi Loren,

Good job! Your hopper pattern looks like it will float like a cork. Historically I have had problems keeping big flies floating. Last year it seemed like I made it over the hump. Hope to tie some of yours this winter.

Nice job, and thanks for writing about the hopper. (Yep, I am the same Gandolf that is on the other site.)

Regards,

Gandolf

Great fly, Loren. Good looking vise, too *G*. Now if I could only learn to cast two flies at once (hopper/dropper style) without increasing my anxiety level....

Loren, i've seen your work on Salmon Crazy.com. Awesome ties! I'm just down the road from you, in Western New York. Granted, it's a long road. lol.

+ Reply to Thread