+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Campbell Auction - Small Sets available today

Default Al Campbell Auction - Small Sets available today

OK, folks. The first round of small sets is making their way to EBay. One should be there now. A set of 12 from Al Corey will be on at 7:00 PM Pacific time, and I will try and get one more on now before work (but it's not looking too good). Most of these sets start at $15.00, while the set from Al Corey starts at $20.00 because of the additional effort put into the matching signature cards and stories for each fly.
    I have set it up so that what you see is what you get. You will be able to read the list of tiers for the set you are bidding on, so if you are looking for a particular tier, you have a shot. Don't wait too long, though. I don't know how many sets will be split up (but I do promise a minimum of 3 which equates to 21 sets of 1 dozen). Happy bidding and, if the rumors are true that there may be a Fish-In in the Black Hills next year, you can count on a Memorial Service AT the bench. See you soon.
    Elliott

I tie flies so the fish have something to laugh about!

All of the first split set will be available by 4:30 Pacific time today. You can see all auctions running (and maybe catch a glimpse of a fly you tied for this) by going to EBay and searching for Al Campbell Bench.
    Thanks and have a great day!
    Elliott

I tie flies so the fish have something to laugh about!

Elliot, I understand that someone donated some flies tied by George Grant. If that is true, when will you put them on Ebay? Those things should be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Elliot, I understand that someone donated some flies tied by George Grant. If that is true, when will you put them on Ebay? Those things should be priceless.
    I've still got those, I'll be putting them up before Elliott's done with the other sets. I'll certainly notify the board.

Paul

Guess I'm confused. I thought you had sent everything to Elliot and turned over the 'ebay thing' to him. You kept the Grant's and some others? You are going to auction these yourself? Will this be when Elliot has finished his, and will it be on the internet or at fly fishing functions; TU of FFF, or such? Are we going to get a picture of Elliot presenting the check for the rest of the money to the Boy Scouts? I presume Elliot will produce the final pictures and story when the bench is installed too. Will you be part of the dedication ceremony in SD? You guys sure have done a whole lot of work.

they'll be on ebay

+ Reply to Thread