+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many flys do you own?

Blog Entries

Default How many flys do you own?

This question on the sage give away threw me. I hope a ballpark figure was OK, if not I'm sure some of the people on this board will be counting for weeks.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I have approximately 800 flies as of today. But it would be erroneous to say that I own them.

They own me.

Normand Guest

A conservative guess would be about 7000-8000 flies, but not all in one vest!

I have approximatly 3000 in many box'es. Mine cover saltwater, trout, bass, panfish, and pike. Streams, lakes, stillwater, surf and deep sea. I tie almost all my flies and when I do I try to tie at least a dozen of each. I do loose a lot of flies, so I like to be prepaired. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

It's been a while since I sat down and counted but I would say between 1000 and 1200.

Some of the questions will seem to have little value by themselves but when played against other factors, may reveal valuable information. This set of questions will be/is the most comprehensive collection ever assembled. Your involvement will be helpful to the industry and eventually all of us. They will change periodicaly.
    I realize the lists are long, but thanks for spending your tine on them. It will help and,,, you never know, you just might get lucky.

448 just kidding. Around 250 purchased and 40 of the oogliest tied by yours truly. If I can pull myself away from refinishing rods, I'd probably be much improved.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

I carry about 3000 trout flies in my vest at all times. I also have another couple of hundred warmwater and saltwater flies.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Hmmm,
    I guesstimated at 250 (all tied by myself). Now I'm wondering if I've under-estimated or if I'm just not working hard enough!!

Also, I assumed that the "how many rods/reels do you own" included rods other than fly rods (parish the thought).

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

This is great information. My wife thought my 200 was excessive. I can know tell her I need 800 more just to be average.

+ Reply to Thread