+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hello all,

I recently found this web site and have it's invaluable. I thought that rather than lurking and reading I should introduce myself.

I first got a taste of fly fishing on a family trip to Montana about 14 years ago. We were horse packing in the Bob Marshall Wilderness and the outfitter had some fly rods that we could use to catch cutthroat. They were dumb and hungry, and I had a little beginner's luck. It was fun, but time was short and other commitments called and I didn't continue the sport.

I didn't pick up a rod again until 3 weeks ago when my best man and groomsmen took me to Vermont for a weekend of fly fishing for my "batchelor weekend". I'd forgotten just how much fun it is! I now have a 7'9" Orvis 5 wt rod for trout fishing the local streams and am losing flies like the best of them. What this site has shown me most of all is just how much I have to learn!

Thanks in advance for all your patience when I start asking questions!

Hang on Muddler,,, it's a heck of a ride!

Muddler Minnow
    Welcome to the slippery slope, it all down hill form here, I hope your bride is understanding enough about those 300 dollar wader spendie vise to tye with and all the time you spend on the stream. Better get her a rod and show her how much fun it is, Welcome to the board and come on into the chat room for a cup of coffee.
    Ghost

Muddlerminnow,

Well a Warm Welcome to you. Thanks for introducing yourself.

An even bigger welome to our passion! Don't let GGost scare you off. The slippery slope leads right to the edge of a nice river.

... but getting your wife to like the sport is a good idea. An extra set of everything is still less expensive than a divorce
    Christopher Chin

Sage advice, guys. I've actually already ordered a starter kit from Cabela's for her. I figured that it was better to start her on something less expensive to see if she enjoys it. The alternative was to buy a nicer rod and 'adopt' it if she doesn't take to the sport, but if I spend any more just yet I'll get in trouble. I think she will, but I don't know how into it she will get. Time will tell!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the site. I live in Western MA, not too far away. Glad to see another local join in the fun and games.

jed

Welcome Muddler, you have just moved into a new neighborhood and you will like your neighbors. You will find that someone here will have the answer to most any question you can ask.

Rocky

From a fellow CT flyfisher, welcome aboard!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Default FAOL

Muddler Minnow
    We have some rules here! Wipe your feet and no cleats in the clubhouse!! LF likes it clean. New guy's make the coffee and may have to chop the wood too! Welcome to the best fly fishing site anywhere. Have a question, Ask! Need help Ask! Someone here will have the answers and help you with what you need.
    Pull up a chair some evening on the chat room.

Well put Jack

+ Reply to Thread