+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Crock Hunter.....

nighthawk Guest

Default Farewell Crock Hunter.....

When I woke up this morning I was told that Steve Irwin, a.k.a. The Crock Hunter, had been killed while diving. Fox news reported that he had been stung through the heart by a sting ray.

I will miss Steve's sense of humor and the enlightenment he brought to the world. I will always remember his visit to "Iron Bottom Sound" in the Solomon Islands where her very emotionally thanked the American fighting men for their sacrafice.

My thoughts and prayers are with Terri and the children.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212037,00.html

Yes, I too was affected be Steve's untimely death. My daughter and I have watched him over the years with enjoyment. I'm surprised he'd made it this long with all of his crazy adventures......and to be brought down by of all things.....a stringray. I thought for sure he would die from one of his crocs one of these days.

Prayers sent for his wife and 2 lovely young kids.

Regards,
    Doug

nighthawk Guest

I must apologize for that typo. Early morning, arthritic fingers and brain in neutral. I did edit and correct the error.

nighthawk Guest

My understanding is that it was a freak incident. Most ray stings aren't fatal but the odds must be high that the stinger would actually slip between the ribs and puncture the heart. Sad, very sad.

5. Default

Also saw the sad news this morning. My 5 y/o son loved him and I enjoyed his shows and more so his apparent passion for what he did. A very sad loss. Yes, a very freaky way to go. I?m no expert on the rays but have seen a few of these interesting fish up close. I stepped on one in FL and also actually caught a large ray while surf fishing (spincasting)in NC. Prayers for Steve?s family.

Heres another link from Aussie news...Never expected this....especialy by anything other than a croc.... Sad day.....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

littlebassy is in tears, she is one of Steve's biggest fans. It is a sad day. My prayers go out for his family and friends. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

He was only one man, but a man who made a big difference. His mission was to educate, with that came the charge of responsibility. As we then become educated, so also are we not charged with the stewardship of our environs? Sometimes things done may seem small at the time, but none the less important.
    I know of a chap who refused to sell a hunting bow and hunting arrows half an hour before closing time, the evening before the deer season opened, to a fellow who was half crocked and on his way 'up north'. Small thing but may have saved all kinds of problems. We all have chances to do our part.

It hurts pretty bad that his family lost him.
    Steve's example was to be a good Steward of our planet. His enthusiasm woke us from the humdrum life of making money and who was going to win or lose a baseball game.
    God put people like Steve on the earth so we would learn to respect our world.
    I will always remember the ESPN commercial where he gets off the elevator and tackles the Florida Gator Mascot! I also remember the time Steve got his 5,000 dollar camera to close to a gator and it launched straight up and ate it!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Good 'ole bloke

"The good die early,
    The bad die late,
    The best of men
    Cannot suspend their fate."

It was so sad to wake up, check the news, and read about Steve's untimely death. The world lost a champion.

We always thought it would be a slip by a croc or slow timing with a snake that would get him. I feel so sorry for Terri and the kids, and I feel sorry for the world, too. We need many more folks like him.....

+ Reply to Thread