+ Reply to Thread

Thread: extremly easy wolly buggers

Default extremly easy wolly buggers

I can only tie a few patterns and only have stuff for a few patterns..Last night i was tying some glo bugs and drys with spent wing material..well i had pipe cleaners and marabou feathers..I put on a Marabou feather tail..and then used a pipe cleaner(wrapped around the hook) as the body...They worked amazing, no lie. Today when i went fishing I was getting hits all day..Caught 3 rockies,2 smallmouth, half a dozen perch, and too many sunnies and blue gill to count..Good day. Tied em in white, black, orange, and purple..My white one's though , the pipe cleaners were like half tinsel..Those worked great for the gills..Happy fishin all.

You want to be careful about the wire in the pipe cleaners rusting and ruining either you fly box or any flies stored near your easy buggers. The chenille will keep the wire wet long enough to start the rusting process which of course will also rust the hooks. I would store them apart from my other flies in a container that remained open to the air to let them dry out. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

I agree with Jim. I have Gill Getters I use with pipe cleaners and since my fly boxes are vented with small drilled holes in the lids, I have not had any rusted hooks.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Thanks guys..Never thought of that..just so happy they worked so well..Ill Have to take a little clear tackle boy..put em in there and drill a few holes..

+ Reply to Thread