+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look and feel (aka the hornets nest)

Blog Entries

Default Look and feel (aka the hornets nest)

Well, as you all can see things changed.
    Well, not really, the colors of the BB changed, and I removed a lot of *busy* stuff that didn't do anything useful.

I also got a fair amount of grief. All centered around not letting people know in advance. Actually, this would be wrong as we have said the next few weeks / months would be dynamic as we dialed in things.

So... consider this future notice things are a changin (for the better).

Next change.. contest integration. And email removal. Or at least hiding. I am turning OFF the email lookup in a profile page. If you want to publish your email for the world to see, I'll let you turn it back on. I'll do my part to protect you from spammers and others getting your home emails, you can open the floodgates if you choose.

After that comes registered login to use the chat room. All of these will utilize a centralized login.

I do need you to insure that your profile pages have VALID email addresses. Or not, we don't use them for anything but getting ahold of you in case of a problem or if you win something. Of course if your email ISN"T valid, it's pretty darn easy to reach in that electronic ticket jar and pull out a different winner And problems really are easy to solve by hitting the admin's delete user account button...

In short FAOL hates spammers probably more than you. We don't sell emails, will be hiding them unless you turn them ON, and will provide a Private message that resides only on this BB to consult with others as you need. Your privacy is important to us.

REPLY TO THIS POST? Please don't unless you find a problem. I want this post to be a QA area. Pats on the back etc are not needed, and I'm paranoid.. et tu Brutus?

Please explain how PRIVATE MESSAGE works?
    Is it FAOL'S private e-mail?
    I just had my first experience with private message and it worked fine.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Well, yes, that is just what it is. Neat huh?

This reminds me of when I was richer and we used to buy a new car every three yrs.
    That's what it is! This BB has the new car smell!!!
    Thank You,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Spelling

I love this new interface. Thanks so much. I don't know whether you did it on purpose or not, but you spelled the section FLYS like that. Alternate option (notice I'm not saying you did anything wrong ) would be FLIES.

This is amazing to watch, by the way. I love how you can make the improvements while still being online and not losing all our earlier posts.

Thank you thank you thank you.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Default I like the new look of the board

While I don't post often I read the board regular. I just want to say I really like the new look of the board.

Thanks
    Charles

One thing I see on other BBs which I think use the same software as this is balloons for the topics. Hold you mouse pointer over the topic and the first few lines of the first post shows up in the balloon. This really helps determining if you really want to read somethng or not.

Other then that things look great around here.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

OK,, now the new 'groups' How's that workin' fer ya?

Blog Entries

Default working for me!

Works REALLY well for me.
    Of course if it doesn't end up working really well for everyone I have to throw away all those pesky edits.

The groups are good...I see they are moving around ...

+ Reply to Thread