+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good news and not so good news.

nighthawk Guest

Default Good news and not so good news.

Good news is I don't have M.R.S.A. staph. The bad news is I do have a staph infection. Well at least it should respond to the aggressive treatment that my doc has settled on and she didn't put me in the hospital, yet. She is a very good doc and in her words we are going to get that bug out of my system no matter what it takes. I am so tired I can't recall the type of infection I have. Doc tells me that this is probably why I am so fatigued but she is going to run more tests in the near future just to be certain.

I am going back out on the water tomorrow, no matter what. Been out of commission for way too long, if you know what I mean.

I cannot thank you enough for the support all of you have given to me. This is the best place on the web because of you folks. Thank you and God bless.

Now lets see, where did I put that sense of humor.... [/b]

nighthawk,
    My prayers are with you buddy. Shake that bug till it's dry, then tie it to a tippet. Fishing is supposed to be good for what ever ails you. The best doctor I've ever had is a lady doctor. After my smoking for 35 years, and my wife's smoking for 45, our doctor got us to quit very easily. She's thorough, compitent and caring. And not the least bit errogant. Get well my friend.
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Default Re: Good news and not so good news.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    The bad news is I do have a staph infection....She is a very good doc and in her words we are going to get that bug out of my system no matter what it takes. [/b]
    Get well soon.

Sidenote: Ever hear of Fender Guitars? Mr. Leo Fender had an untreated staff infections for years. His family doc could not find the problem. Poor Leo Fender felt so bad that he thought he was soon to expire. So he sold his "Fender Musical Instrument Company" to CBS for 13 Million dollars, bought a big boat and decided to count his remaining days. A friend pushed him to see a new doctor, who then diagnosed the Staff infection and thereafter treated Leo aggressively for it. Lo and behold, Leo responded, was cured and enjoyed being full of energy again! He started Musicman Guitars, ran it for a number of years & sold it.

Not to be held down and kept from his calling as a designer, next Leo started once again with a new company called G&L Guitars, which he ran until his death at a ripe old age.

Get the bugs out!

Hi Eric,
    Glad to hear that the bug is treatable. Fingers crossed that it clears up quickly and soon.

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Eric;
    A month from now I'll be 67 years young! Just fished with a few good men 20 years my senior!! May I be there then and may I share a stream with you.
    You take care and get well, ya hear!!

Eric I am pulling for a quick recovery for ya. Spend as much time out on the water as you can. I can't think of a better medicine to clear your mind and get you focused on what it is going to take to get well.

Your in my prayers my friend

Rocky

Hey Eric, that's good news! Congrats!

May I suggest, though, wading, not paddling. Don't push yourself too hard until you have your strength back.

Remember, it is only your brain that is still in its 20"s.

+ Reply to Thread