+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cozumel?

1. Default Cozumel?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a quality guide in Cozumel Mexico? I plan to be down there in a couple months and would like to spend a couple days on the water. cfisher

I had a great time bonefishing there. Do you speak spanish? Do you have your own gear? Send me an email and I will elaborate on my experience if you would like.

Been down a couple of times and the beaches are great! I think you could just about fly fish anywhere. While I didn't take my gear I did spend some time in the water and saw fish everywhere.

4. Default thanks

Thanks guys!!

Hi CFisher, I've fished for bonefish out of the north end of Cozumel for the last couple of years. The guide I used this year was absolutely brilliant. I' can put you i touch with him if you'd like?

Drop me an e-mail if I can be of any help.

Daniel

6. Default

Thanks for all of the responses! I booked with Nacho Euan and his son Alex. It looks to be a great trip. cfisher

Tip of the day. I have been to Mexico many times over the last twenty years and have hired guides. I always pack a few "New" T-shirts and ball caps/ I give one to the guide when we depart and one when we return *if all went well. They really appreciate the thought and are very thankful...you will get more than your monies worth in return. I just take size large or XL T-shirt. They are very baseball savvy in Mexico....a Dodger cap will get you big returns. I'm an AL man so they have to put up with Detroit Tiger hats. Never had a complaint. I also pack allot of small mens cologne bottles the dollar to two dollar kind. Women like them because they can give them to their boyfriends. Things we learn from spending time in Mexico. Enjoy your fishing, you will have a wonderful time. By the way, one of the biggest Sierra (Spanish Mackeral) I ever caught was on a large fly the guide tyed from strands of yellow polypropolene rope. I still have it. Jonezee

+ Reply to Thread