+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bank Of America and anti-fishing group

Little history on the "Bank of America". Before WWII, "Bank of America" was known as "Bank of Japan in America". Of course, after December 7th 1941, they decided to change their bank name.

PS: Oldfrat: I guess the history channel on cable, and the corporate records of California are wrong then. (8/13/06)

Stephen, I'm afraid you've been misinformed. It was founded by an Italian immigrant and the name Bank of America has been around since the late 1920's.

I say "the name" because there have been so many mergers and acquisitions that the current BOA has so little of the original BOA's DNA. The name survived, though, as they liked the descriptive nature of a nation-wide bank.

Olfrat is correct on the origon of BOA.

Allen, I know you didn't write it but as Confucius say: "Without the messenger, there is no letter".

I am also a credit union fan,when I borrowed money for a used Dodge diesel a couple of months ago they beat my local bank by 3 percent.Besides being thankful for me choosing them.The loan officer talked to me more about fly fishing than he did the loan.Kind of refreshing to me.

Jonezee I was going to use the Wood Products Credit Union here in town a few years back but when all the mills started shutting down they closed their doors and left town. There is a new Community Credit Union close by but I have heard of some bad experiences there from some people at work. We have a new Federal Credit Union going up here in town and I may try them when they open their doors.

Rocky

Rocky, there is good and bad in all things, even credit unions. The best thing is to sit down with the bank manager, ask him or her their stragety for helping you and the community and what their long term goals are. Ask them how they invest their, yours money. I trust you can make a good decision from a conversation like that. They will be impressed and treat you like the person you deserve to be treated like rather than just another guy depositing a paycheck.

Criminey, That's bad news about BOA. Then on the other hand,our credit union has been changing thru the years until it is now Viewpoint Bank.
    Wonder how I'm gonna talk my wife into changing Banks....we've banked in the same location thru four different banks(30 something years)...yep,they sell out or get stomped into oblivion by larger banks thru takeovers.

Another Eco-Nazi org that is eliminating man's influence on nature at an alrming rate.

Eco-Nazi? Isn't that a little offensive? tyeflies' grandkids read this board and now he's going to have to explain nazis, environmentalists, birkenstocks, and gas chambers to them. I hope you're happy.

If you don't like a clean and healthy environment move to southern California, man has influenced nature nicely there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo
    Another Eco-Nazi org that is eliminating man's influence on nature at an alrming rate.

Eco-Nazi? Isn't that a little offensive? tyeflies' grandkids read this board and now he's going to have to explain nazis, environmentalists, birkenstocks, and gas chambers to them. I hope you're happy.

If you don't like a clean and healthy environment move to southern California, man has influenced nature nicely there.
    Definition:

1. econazi
    Greenpeace or PETA activist. Almost always a rich vegetarian pothead. Long on implausible ideas, short on solutions that work for people that aren't rich, vegetarians, potheads, or all of the above.

"Is that leather armor? Get back here you cow murdering Viking!"

I do Live In SoCal Benjo. Save a tree. Plant a Sierra Club Member

+ Reply to Thread