+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New fishing spot

Default New fishing spot

Got permission to fish a new private pond last night. This thing is more like small lake with lots of structure, weed lines, and depth changes. Anyhow the landowner kept telling me about all the huge bass in it and i thought for sure he was exaggerating. Anyway i lost the biggest fish of the day after he through the hook on his fifth aerial display, and anothe one that decided to dive into the lilly pads and play tug of war. I have recently converted to warmwater fly fishing after years of putting up with overcrowded trout streams. Lately i have had a bad case of panfish fever and really haven't done much bass fishing put after seeing a couple of lunkers in about a five minute time span i decided to give the 2wt a break and pick up the 6wt.[url=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Bassfly1/Warmwaterpics004.jpg:ffb81][/url:ffb81]

You may not have said it all.....but you certainly have said a LOT!
    ....lee s.

I'm going to get a crack at a new private pond tonight, myself and I can't wait. My girlfriend (I got one that flyfishes this time!!) found this pond in her housing development that the management stocked but didn't really publicize. They've opened it to public access but no one seems to know that. If it turns out to be good I'll have to watch for posted signs so I can make sure to park in front of them

Great pic and great fish by the way!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

ive got an awesome private pond that im going to this week. i havent been there since ive started fly fishing, but im sure to try that when i go!

Bassfly1 You've got the FEVVARR!!! There is no antidote, no turning back only many days of enjoyable flyfishing. Trout bums, eat your heart out. That saying, who is a warm water fly bum? In my opinion, the wooly bugger is probably the number one warm water fly, I guess we could call you guys.....Bugger Bums.

+ Reply to Thread