+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready to go kayaking...

Default Ready to go kayaking...

I've been off the water for the past week and a half because our county requires boating permits on watercraft over 8 feet in length. They cost $24 for the year and today, Aug 1st they went to only $12. I decided to wait to get the permit instead of spending more for only a couple of weeks. Next year they'll increase to nearly $40, from what I've heard.

But, now I can get out on the water and get pictures of the new, homemade outriggers in use! I'm going to see if they'll support me standing up, of which I have little doubt. I hadn't intended to use them my self, I made them for the kids, but I may find them neccessary someday.

Pictures to follow soon...

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

nighthawk Guest

Have fun and please don't forget that PFD. I look forward to seeing the pics.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Kayaking

I just bought a kayak last week and I'm learning how to use it. Man, are these things fun!!!

Semper Fi!

With temps running in the 100's here over the past couple of weeks, I'm in little or no mood to try to go out paddling. There's not much chance the temps will break this week, either.
    I'm not able to go early or late because of my work schedule during the week and my honey-do's on the weekends. I'm not very happy and I need to fish before I look like this the rest of my life...

Anyone else out there trapped indoors?

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Default Re: Ready to go kayaking...

Quote Originally Posted by MOturkE
    ... our county requires boating permits on watercraft over 8 feet in length.
    Right now, we only have to pay for license fees if the paddle craft is over 16 feet in length OR, if one attaches any kind of motor to the paddle craft to include a trolling motor.

However, the powers in charge (state) are trying to implement a yearly fee on all paddle craft.

But $40!???

DANG! How many kayak/canoe launch sites will you all be getting out of that money. Or will those funds go to building more/bigger/better boat ramps for motorized craft!?

Band together and question at length the future "trail" of those funds.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread