+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a deal

Default what a deal

I was expressing a desire to purchase a camp trailer to my youngest who just got married. Him and his wife wanted to know why I wanted a trailer instead of a moter home. I told them I would prefer a moter home but could not afford it. My sons wife called her grand father and told him what I was saying. to keep this short in the 1980's he bought a brand new moter home and used it twice. Did I want it? Sure but how much? I bought this for $2000. Don't even know what year it is or what length but my daughter in-laws grandparents are very honerable people and would not rip anyone off knowling. I haven't seen it yet but my son says it will sleep 6 normal size adults, the moter is in excellent condition, and we should love it. had to tell someone about this cause I can't sleep I am so excited. The boy says it is about 28 feet long but not sure.

Bob,
    Congratulation on the motorhome, do you have a trailer to tow your Harley around with you?
    Jon

Wowsers! That does dound like a great deal.

Sounds like a road/fishing trip would be in order. Let us know how it works out for you!

24mileboy I do have a trailer but the harley has never been on one so it will be a new experience for it. I am indeed going to plan a fishing trip to take this on in sept probable the later part due to the hot temps

Check for degredation of rubber items, ie. like is steering joints, other such places. Age can cause problems.

What JC said. be especially careful to have all the belts and hoses checked. Once lost a small "idler" pulley, I think it was called, on our big ol' station wagon loaded with both kids and stuff, going down the Interstate about 65 mph. Unfortunately, attached to the pulley was a drive belt for the air conditioning, or something like that as I remember and that, in turn, ripped off the other two drive belts and all heck broke loose. Immediately lost power, steering, steam started shooting out from under the hood, all the "idiot" lights came on and I barely had the strength to pull to the shoulder from the third lane over. Luckily there was no immediate traffic to our right at the time in either of the three lanes. Have that baby checked over really good before any long or even short trips.

Great advise JC and I will heed it. I am lucky because I turn wrenchs and can do most of that myself. It comes with brand new tires. The down side of this is I have to go to a town way up in the mountains (about 4 hours away) to get this. I will be checking belts, fluids, and drive train before I move it one inch. The gentlmans family owns most of the town up there including the mechanic shop and is willing to make sure it is road worthy before leaving so I am taking advantage of that.
    Grt mt man that don't sound like a good thing glad to hear it came out ok though and no one was hurt. This year it ain't going to happen but we are planing on coming to the washington and Idaho fish in next year and I will get to show it off then LOL

Hey, kewl news Bob,,, look forward to seeing you at the Fish In's..

HB87 [quote="harleybob87"] The down side of this is I have to go to a town way up in the mountains (about 4 hours away) to get this.

Somehow I can't gather any sympathy for you for THAT trip.When I read that statement, I smelled cut pine and mountain streams and pine needles.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread