+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessorizing your PWC :?:

Default Accessorizing your PWC :?:

Thought this board could do with another bit of conversation...

1.) Where do you buy accessories for your watercraft and...

2.) What was your most recent purchase?
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

I am fortunate in that all the fly shops in my area carry kayaks and kayak accessories, and I buy from them.

My most recent purchase was a Scotty navagation light. I like it because I don't find myself trying to beat nightfall if I go out fishing after work. It provides enough light to tie on flies/knots/etc.

I put Nav lights fore and aft after being nearly run over at/after sunset.Plus added an anchor system (home brewed) to my canoe.

Dennis

I've gotten a bunch of stuff from www.kayakfishingstuff.com

Those guys really know their stuff about what works on a kayak.

I got a naviation light for x-mas... so I don't know where that came from.

Scotty rod holder which proved it's value a thousand fold when I recently rolled my yak. When I righted it my custom Xi2 and Abel Super 6 were still attached.

Lowrance M68i GPS and echo sounder. Great for planning your route and getting the most out of your day on the water.

C-TUG wheels for the yak. Finally had enough of my Eckla trolley and it's now qute obvious design faults.

Those portable lights? sounds like a good idea. my latest buy was nylon rope for my anchoring system. More than a year ago. Not much of a shopper.

I've bought most of my accessories at KayakFishingStuff.

My most recent purchase, however, was made at the A.C. Moore craft store. I bought some adhesive backed velcro strips.

I put a strip in the cockpit of my Tarpon 120, and then the mate on the back of a waterproof sci angler's fly box. I think that works pretty good. The fly box is easily accessible, and there's less danger of it going over the side.

I'm going to try to find a spot for a drying patch attached in a similar way.

+ Reply to Thread