Nice Thread Buddy!

My perfect fly shop would be located where it is now (a couple of blocks from school, a short bike ride along the bike path, and a good place to find the river from)

My perfect flyshop would have no clothing section, would carry a wide variety of flies and magazines, and would not be endorsed by a single company, rather it would carry everything it could fit in the store.

My perfect flyshop would have a huge room of materials, with lots of varieties of hackle at a decent price (about a fifth of what it is ). There would be a large board where you could put the names of materials you needed for flies, and the store would order a small supply of it. There would be a large section of GCDC dubbings (Great Canadian Dubbing Company), with beaver, muskrat, rabbit, seal, possum (etc.) dubbings. Everything i would ever need to tie good flies would be there, but not so much as i can't stop myself (!).

The shop would carry all sorts of rods, reels and lines, and have a little booth with laptops where you could search a pattern, show someone a website, or order some flies to your house. There would be no bar, but there would be refreshments on weekends, and there would be guest tiers on friday, saturday, sunday.

The shop would be open weekdays 6.00am-10.30pm (ya right ! )
and on weekends, 7.00am-10.00pm (maybe)

In the winter there would be things like a casting/ fly tying competition so that fishing was still alive and well, and there would be contests and discounts!

What a shop

This thread is great!!!

RL