Inspiration, that is.

Some of you may remember my post a while back about searching for the inspiration I once had for tying flies. I wanted to find it again after too long without tying. Some of you suggested I join a fly swap. Well, that worked.
Last week I joined ol' blue's "not quite entomology" swap. I wanted to tie a woven stonefly nymph that I used to be quite good at, if I do say so myself. A good job now proved too much of a challenge after the long lay-off, so I opted for tying the Montana. I always caught more fish on the Montana anyway. Well those flies are tied and after a trip to the post office on Saturday, they will be in the mail.
I went into "swap withdrawal" almost immediately. Back to the FAOL swap board and ckhanna was starting up a salmon/steelhead fly swap. Now, salmon are my favourite target species so I wasn't long in responding to that post.
Last night. I tied the first of the Monroe Killer hairwings that I am doing for the swap. Actually, I tied about a half dozen before the "feel" came back. Anyway, now I can't wait to get home tonight to tie up a dozen more.
This is great.

Thanks to all of you who stuck me with a pointed stick to get me going again. I hope it continues. So many flies; so little time.

This must be what folks mean when they tell me to tie one on.

Thanks again.[/b]