+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lefty Kreh Professional Series Fly rods

Default Lefty Kreh Professional Series Fly rods

Any opinion here folks about this rod? I would like to buy the 4wt, 4 pieces (through Cabela's) for med-small rivers.
    Thanks in advance
    Rocketfish
    Argentina

Juan,

The TFO 9' 4wt. 4pc Professional Series fly rod is the 4wt. I use. I have 2 of them. It's got a nice med-fast action and I like the taper for dry fly and midge applications. It doesn't come with a tube, but you can buy the tubes from TFO for about $25 ea. I've never purchased them through Cabela's. Check your email.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

I just got a pro series 8'6" 4 pc. 3 wt about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I love it.

Got the 5 wgt. love it!
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

I don't see a way to order rod cases on the TFO website. Did you order over the phone?

[This message has been edited by BigFlatBrook (edited 25 April 2005).]

I have 2 of the rods and love them. I have the 6WT and 9WT both 9'. I'm looking into buying the 7'6" 3WT. I have a GPX on the 6 and XXD on my 9. Quite a few of the guys I fish with have thrown the 6 and all think it's a great rod... especially for the price and the warranty.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

BigFlatBrook,

Yes, I called them direct and ordered my rod tubes. They're pretty nice. Thick PVC covered in cordura nylon with a nice cap and TFO logo label. They're padded on the inside too.

------------------
    Fishing the Ozarks

I have 4 TFO Rods:

7'6" 3wt series 1
    8'6" 5wt Professional 4pc
    9' 4wt TiCr 4pc
    9' 6wt TiCr 6wt

The 3wt is just an amazing caster - buttery smooth and great for little streams.

The 5wt is a great all around rod for me, and I enjoy it often.

By far though, my favorite rod of them all is the 4wt TiCr. Spend the extra money and get a TiCr. It's faster than a professional, and just seems to cast everything with ease. I've thrown a #6 clouser with this rod with no problems, and it delivers the small stuff beautifully. You won't be dissapointed. If I could have only one trout rod, I'd chose the 4wt TiCr.

I'm not as in love with my 6wt, but I think that's due to my crappy 444 change-a-tip line.

Starfish

I have the 4wt 4 piece and I love it. Of course I've never used anything else, other than a cheapie 20 year old eagle claw 7wt, so I might not be the best judge.

My girlfriend ordered it for me for Christmas from a fly shop in Oregon somewhere and it came with a rod sock and a tube just like the one SilverMallard described for the same price they are listed at. Sounds like maybe the shop owner threw in the tube at no charge on my rod maybe?

I have the Series I 8'6" 4 weight and just love it. All that I use most of the time. My opinion is it is a great rod for the money. Do not know anything about any of their other rods so you will have to listen to others about them.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread