+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apologies and Second Chance

Default Apologies and Second Chance

Hello all,

I have been away from the board for quite a while, but just registered again to post this note. I still follow the board very closely and feel that it's one of the best places on the net.

I want to formally apologize to Ladyfisher and JC for some comments that I made sometime last fall in a thread about overlining rods. I am embarassed that I let my personal opinions get the best of me and made some remarks that were disrespectful and just plain rude. I mean, we are talking about flyfishing and it's supposed to be fun right? I think that you both run a great site and am asking for a second chance to contribute to the forums. I could have just come back and gone on without incident, but that is not my style. My old username was Loudog and I'll understand if you ban me again. I'll continue to visit the site and enjoy the great content either way.

I hope to be able to contribute to the boards again and thank you for reading this message.

PS. I think that JSentell from the boards can vouche for me as being a pretty stand up individual as we have been in touch in the past off line.

Sincerely,

Lou

Default For Me, Apology Accepted.

L-dog,
    I just read your post, and I for one accept your apology. I don't know what you said in your parting message, but I know it's easy for us to say the wrong thing every day. In scripture, the book of James talks about the vile use of the tongue. James 3:8; but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
    It's just to easy to say the wrong thing. Scripture also talks about forgiveness and confession. Your confession meets all the mandatory criteria for forgivenes. I guess what I'm trying to say in modern terms is; To err is human, to forgive is devine. So, for me, WELCOME BACK! I hope you are allowed to stay. Let us share some meaningful adventures with respect for all others.
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Welcome back, Loudog. Hope you'll be around a little longer this second time around. JGW

Welcome back.

Allan

Default Hello Lou

That's right, I can vouch for Lou's knowledge, sincerity and character.

And, he's one helluva rod builder!

Jim

+ Reply to Thread