Thanks everyone for the great advice. I think I will go with the 4 piece when I buy my new rod this fall. I just have to wait till cash flow improves to lay down a good chunk of change on a nice new rod. Just have too many other commitments to take care of in the next few months. Brothers wedding in september that I have to fly back to Nova Scotia for and another wedding back east I have to miss but my fiance has to go to. Guess it gives me time to do my reasearch to what I actually want in a rod.

I've been fishing this summer with a cheap department store rod but have had the chance to borrow a few high quality rods way beyond my budget from friends. I would like to have a rod like my friend but am basically limited to around $500 total cost for my new rod reel and line. Easy enough to find more than a few models for that budget.

While day to day transport of a 2 piece rod isn't much of an issue for me, the potential to fly with a longer rod tube isn't as attactive to me as a shorter 4 piece rod tube. I'm not taking any fishing gear home to my Brothers wedding (dispite that there should be some Atlantic salmon in the Margaree Rive when I'm home) some what because of length restrictions airlines have and lack of time. I'm only making a short trip and am in the wedding so disapearing to fish won't go over well with his new wife.......She's already warned us of the consequences