Cea sees the area with the eyes of a Montanan. I see the Yellowstone streams on my way from Indiana to Seattle in July and in September on my return to the midwest. For those unfamiliar with the northeast of the park they should know that the window of fishability may be quite short and often fluctuates. For someone considering negotiating the traffic of Yellowstone in the summer a check on the conditions of the Slough before setting out may prevent a substantial waste of time. I too was intrigued by the impression of the runoff problem as clearly it is not confined to recent times only. In talking with several fisherman they felt that the size of the fish in Lamar and Slough has decreased significantly in recent years. A conversation with some limnologists from Penn State working in the park suggested a significant change in numbers and size in the Yellowstone system. To ascribe this to one variable is indeed rather simplistic but my fishing contacts had an impression rightly or not that the changing nature of the streams was to blame. Of concern however was the early impression of the limnologists that the decline evident in the Park was also progressing up the Paradise Valley. Time and further data will confirm this more accurately, but clearly the effects of pressure, drought, whirling disease, and mud have not been kind to these great waters.