Fished Slough Creek this past Sunday. Parked in the third lot at around 6am and we were the only anglers. We hiked the trail that runs along the river (more scenic and cooler in the shade) instead of the dirt wagon trail. Only took us 40 minutes to get to the first meadow eventough we stopped to photograph some wildlife along the way. I was amazed that we had the entire first meadow to ourselves until around 11am and then it was only a couple anglers. When we started back at around 2:30 I think there was a total of maybe 6 anglers that we could see.

Caught plenty of fish up to 17" all on dries. Most on various hopper patterns. Did the best with my hopper found here http://flyanglersonline.com/about/mustad/hopper.html. Also caught fish on CDC Caddis in size 18.

I enjoyed the day. As JC mentioned, the fish were not all that bright but I have yet to see too many fish in the park that are. The area is nice, especially the waters below the first meadow as the river pounds down through a large boulder field. We did not see any bears BUT there were fresh cougar tracks on the bank and they were from a LARGE cat.

My suggestion would be to show up at the parking area around first light and hike in early. Never fished second meadow as we had no reason to go any further.