+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Hills

Also consider a night or more at this place, we liked it a lot. The wild turkeys moseying through the yard left us some fly tying materials, too.
    http://www.emeraldpinesrefuge.com/

When you go to the Dakota Angler, ask if anyone can show you how to tie a Brook Sprout. It's been a great emerger for us in many places, including the Hills.

I have always loved fishing the Hills. My personal all time best rainbow was caught above Pactola Res on Rapid Creek. Also Spearfish Canyon is about the most beautiful setting anywhere to fish.

I don't know if it is any interest to you but one of the most fun ways to fish the hills is using a mountain bike. There are great bike trails that follow many of the major streams that give you great access to public land that would normally take hours to walk into. The main trails are old railroad grade that has been converted so the biking is not very strenuous. I just strapped by rod tube to the frame and loaded everything up in a backpack and rode.

The Kinsella book is very good. It also gives some history to the places that you fish. (Crazy Horse was born on Rapid Creek near Rapid City, etc.)

+ Reply to Thread