+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fathers worst nightmare

We certainly will. We had our share of call ups in our state, so we're all keenly aware of our boys and girls over there.

Give our best to your son. Keep us informed, please.

Take care,
    Diane

Your son is in the hands of the best trained military in the world. We all know no expense is spared to prepare and maintain them. I wish your son God speed and we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Jonezee

overreved,

My prayers are with your son and your family. My son-in-law is scheduled to come home sometime in October from Iraq, having been there since October 2005. He is on his third tour of combat duty in the Middle East, as he was with the invasion forces when they went into Afghanistan and again into Iraq to depose Saddam. I know only too well the anxiety of having a loved one in combat. By placing my trust and faith in God to take care of my son-in-law and my daughter who waits for him at home, a sort of peace has been given to me. I pray the same type of peace be with you and your family, and safety for your son.

overreved -

We pray Psalm 91 over several friends in the service. We'll add your son. Please thank him for his service. Men and women like him are the reason we live a relative life of comfort and are able to enjoy things like fly fishing......

The military people are lifted up in prayer in my Sunday school class every Sunday morning and again during Wednesday night Bible study.

Default Thank You

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. It is truly appreciated...

I want to thank you for raising a son who cares. This is a great country and I am proud of it regardless of how I might feel about some of the situations we find ourselves in. I will pray for your son as I do for all who serve. Hold your head up.
    Gary USMC

Default Thank You

Thank you very much MTB..

Overreved,
    Your son is doing a great thing, and is in all our hearts. I know how it is over there cause I was there not to long ago(Iraq). He will have the best people in the world by his side, and the best people in the world supporting him here. I know that my words will not alieviate the frustration of his absence but I hope they help you to pass a small incrament of time ,even if it is only one second. That is how deployments are measured, in the passing of seconds. Eventually the seconds add up and we are brought back together. Just remember "one second down", and keep your head up. Soon the job will be through and we will all come home.
    Sarge.

Sarge,

Thank You for the support and Thank You for your service to our country. I pray that all of our soldiers will come home safe soon. God Bless America and the great people like yourself who protect us.

+ Reply to Thread