We're in the same 'hot' boat here. I went out for an hour and a half on Saturday morning starting at about 6:30. I teased a few gills and a couple of smallish bass and when I decided to leave, I broke a sweat walking the 150 yards to the Jeep.

However, I'm bound and determined the heat won't keep me off the water. I'll just keep to the early morning routine until it cools down a bit.

I didn't take the camera with me, I don't like to take it near the water. But, the sunrise Saturday was one of the most incredible displays I've ever seen. It was unforgettable...

The sun, its light a soft pink changing to orange and yellow, rising up behind a purple-blue mass of clouds that had built up to resemble a huge mountain laying on the horizon . Seven or eight very defined beams of brilliant light spread out above the clouds like a huge fan in orange and pink hues, creating a bright golden crown along the top-most edge of the clouds like white-hot metal. The water below the horizon reflected this majestic view of God's artistry and then, as if to puncuate this glimpse of heaven, a small flock of geese flew across like a sillouetted ballet on air. And with that I knew it was signed by the artist Himself.