+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the heat

Default the heat

I went out at 4 am ,loaded up and got to the lake at 5.I love those early bites as the sun comes up.Dragged myself off the lake and sat in the shade for 2 hours drinking cold water and getting my energy back to load everything back on the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a balmy 78 when I put out and I loaded up in 93 degree heat with a heat index of 110 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank the lord for AC

I am DONE cooked about medium and the canoe is put on its saw horses till this HEAT breaks!!!!! It has taken hrs to recoupe. I might try a little catfishing at night, LATE NIGHT using (sorry folks) bait. The daylight hours ar done for a while though.I might try some noisy flies at night for Bass but once that sun is up its gotta be head for the house!
    Its 94 degrees with80% humidity at 645 in the evening right now!!
    Dennis

We're in the same 'hot' boat here. I went out for an hour and a half on Saturday morning starting at about 6:30. I teased a few gills and a couple of smallish bass and when I decided to leave, I broke a sweat walking the 150 yards to the Jeep.

However, I'm bound and determined the heat won't keep me off the water. I'll just keep to the early morning routine until it cools down a bit.

I didn't take the camera with me, I don't like to take it near the water. But, the sunrise Saturday was one of the most incredible displays I've ever seen. It was unforgettable...

The sun, its light a soft pink changing to orange and yellow, rising up behind a purple-blue mass of clouds that had built up to resemble a huge mountain laying on the horizon . Seven or eight very defined beams of brilliant light spread out above the clouds like a huge fan in orange and pink hues, creating a bright golden crown along the top-most edge of the clouds like white-hot metal. The water below the horizon reflected this majestic view of God's artistry and then, as if to puncuate this glimpse of heaven, a small flock of geese flew across like a sillouetted ballet on air. And with that I knew it was signed by the artist Himself.

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

That was so well described I thought I was there.Wow I seen sunrises like that and your right they are signed by the artist himself!

I went out this weekend to one of my favorite trout rivers. It usually starts to warm up this time of year so that the trout move out of the main body to cooler inlets. I expect a 68 ~ 70 degree range and so this was to be one of my last times fishing it until fall cools it off. When I got there I measured the water at 78 degrees!!!! In the place of the trout were chubs and LMB's.

jed

MO, that was a cool description. Sunrises are a particular joy for me and always have been. Sometimes this is the only sun you'll see for the entire day. Always preferred them over sunsets, even when I was a teen-twenty. Most anyone can see a sunset. It takes a person with vision and soul to catch a sunrise.

Have not been in the yak the past few days...rather preferring to be in the water...
    Today was the first day I did not fish at all in recent weeks...and looks as though it may be at least a few more before I hit the water with this much heat...Even the bass, crappie and blue gill's were sluggish last eve...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Mo, Just read your profile,I NOW understand your vivid discription coming through. I reread your post and saw a piece of paper in the forground (stretched and stapled)
    Dennis

+ Reply to Thread